Art and Design Training Courses for Primary Schools
Our training courses are tailor made to meet your training needs. They provide opportunities to learn practical skills and techniques and how to teach them. We also include training in using works of art with children. Examples of our training include:
- Teaching pottery
- Teaching drawing
- Teaching painting
- Teaching basic printmaking
- Using works of art with children (this is usually incorporated into most training workshops)
- RE through art or cross curricular work through art (this is usually linked to other training workshops e.g. drawing and painting)
- Display in primary schools for Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Introducing NQTs to the art curriculum
- Network meetings/ training for subject leaders with clusters of schools
- One to one or small group training for teachers who may wish to improve their art skills and repertoire of ideas and techniques. Rates for this are negotiated on an hourly basis.
Examples of our consultancy work include:
- Support in curriculum development e.g. developing schemes of work, formulating action plans, developing policies and assessment of art and support for curriculum leaders, including mentoring for new curriculum leaders.
- Preparing for SIAMS Inspections and improving the school environment through art.
- Advising and supporting schools with special events where art will form a major component.
- Advising and training for the running of art clubs and Gifted and Talented provision.